Community Support Worker
We are seeking a Community Support Worker as a "bus route coach" for an adult male who has a short term memory deficit disability.
Our goal is that with sufficient repetition and written directions he will be able to use public transportation independently so he can travel to his chosen destinations.
- good communication skills and fluent in the English language
- strong safety and incident prevention skills
- respect for the dignity and self worth of individuals and their communities (support networks)
- good knowledge and understanding of city and public transportation
- good community inclusion skills for everyone involved
- good social interaction skills development and support
- liaison with Calgary Transit
- determine best bus routes for each destination
- develop with client written directions for each destination
- accompany individual on these bus routes until he is able to use them independently
- activity progress report to advocate
- "bus route coaching" will be from clients residence in the Glamorgan area of SW Calgary
This is a temporary position of 9 to 10 hours per week and pays $19.58 per hour.
Closing date is April 17, 2017
Please submit applications to: E-mail: email@example.com