We are seeking a full time (30 hours per week) Inclusion Support Worker who will be responsible for providing support to a young active and energetic young woman with a developmental disability to enable the individual to be a valued, contributing member of the community. In consultation with the individual and her family, the Inclusion Support Worker will be responsible for supporting the development of skills and competencies that will assist the individual to pursue and fulfill their goals and aspirations.
Responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will possess;
1. A steadfast belief and commitment to inclusion, the right for all people to belong, participate and contribute to the community.
2. Coaching skills – knowledge of and ability to demonstrate and support the development of skills as they relate to managing daily living and social life.
3. Knowledge of community resources available and ability to support the person’s participation and inclusion within their community
4. A valid Class 5 driver’s license; access to a reliable vehicle and applicable insurance
5. First Aid and CPR certification
6. A current Police check
7. Be ready and able to deal with unpredictable situations
8. Understand the complexities and nuances of working within another family’s household
9. Have a reasonable understanding of inclusion and community
10. Knowledge and experience working with Type 1 Diabetes
11. Knowledge and experience with mental health
An industry competitive salary is offered. The successful candidate will be directly employed by the individual and family. Consequently, the name of the employer is not published for confidentiality reasons. If you are interested in lending your skills and talents to making a real difference, submit your resume and application (May 15th, 2017) to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. (only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted)
We are seeking a Community Support Worker as a "bus route coach" for an adult male who has a short term memory deficit disability.
Our goal is that with sufficient repetition and written directions he will be able to use public transportation independently so he can travel to his chosen destinations.
This is a temporary position of 9 to 10 hours per week and pays $19.58 per hour.
Closing date is April 17, 2017
Please submit applications to: E-mail: email@example.com