Professional Diploma Program
Are you feeling unsatisfied with your prospects?
- Your international health credentials are not recognized in Canada and you would like to try something new
- You can't get ahead in your current position without more education
- You are about to finish your degree but realize that you need professional skills and experience to begin a career
- You want to attend graduate school but your Grade Point Average is too low or too old
A professional diploma consists of 8 senior undergraduate courses. It has been designed as a post-degree program in preparation for those interested in grad school, certification, specialization, changing fields or becoming professional advisors.
How to Apply
What you will need
- Set up an interview with a program advisor by
calling (403) 220-5669
- Provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts
- A program proposal will be developed and set to admissions
- Completed U of C "Application for Admission" form
- $125 application fee
- "Change of Program" form if you are currently completing a University of Calgary degree.
- Professional Issues and Ethics in Community Rehabilitation
- Individual Clinical Practice
- Disability and the Law
- Rehabilitation Management
- Research Interpretation and Design
- Age-specific practice: Children and Families, Career
Development and Disability, or Aging
- Health Foundations series
- History and Systems series
- Assessment and Intervention
- Complete a minimum of 8 half-courses
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA required for admission.
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Complete the program within 4 calendar years
If you have taken courses as an Open Studies student,
they may be credited towards the diploma. The date
you started the first course will be the start of
your four calendar years.
Applications: March 1
Transcripts: June 30
For more information